Wolfmet capabilities are now enhanced by Selective Laser Melting (SLM) – producing precision tungsten components through an additive manufacturing process – and recent examples will be on display at SNMMI 2016 in San Diego.
Using data from a 3D file, SLM comprises a high powered laser that fuses successive layers of tungsten powder until a complex component is produced. Wolfmet SLM delivers clear advantages in the design and manufacture of parts such as collimators.
Customers report real benefits using Wolfmet SLM:
- The ability to design highly complex components
- Making shapes not possible via traditional milling and turning
- Improved resolution via thinner septa and smaller apertures
- No tooling costs for new designs and prototypes
- No cost penalty for short production runs
- Non-magnetic – MRI compatible
- Reduced delivery times
- Working with Wolfmet tungsten experts on design and production matters