Tungsten in Aerospace
With approvals to supply Wolfmet tungsten heavy alloys to many leading aircraft manufacturers; M&I Materials is recognised as one of the World's leading aerospace tungsten providers.
We have over 40 years’ experience in the end to end production of tungsten heavy alloys. We excel at turning powder into parts and precision machining tungsten heavy alloys. As a result we can produce high quality tungsten components to very tight tolerances from a material which is notoriously difficult to machine.
Wolfmet tungsten heavy alloy is ideally suited to aircraft applications because it has very high density, which allows for the smallest possible weights. This attribute can be particularly valuable in situations where a large mass has to be contained in a confined space and can ultimately reduce the amount of weight used by where it is positioned.
Wolfmet alloy components can be produced in small runs of bespoke items, or large quantities for long production runs. Customers have the option to buy either finished components or raw tungsten blocks for final machining themselves.
Due to very high safety standards the aerospace industry requires rigorous levels of traceability and quality control in all aspects of manufacturing and supply chain. Customers can be assured that we meet all the needs of this particular industry, by having excellent production facilities, which are fully accredited to ISO9001 and AS9100.
- High density; heavy weight in a smaller space
- Latest certification (AS9100 Rev C)
- Manufactured to AMS 7725E or ASTM B777-15 on request
- Full integration into customer supply chains
- Can machine to close tolerances
- Short lead-times for flight test ballast
- Wolfmet is manufactured in the UK, ensuring quality and security of supply
- Our 40+ years of experience in tungsten translates into peace of mind for you
For more information about Wolfmet or how we can help you with your project, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to us today by calling +44 (0)161 864 5454.